Scottish Rite Foundation
CHARITABLE BEQUESTS IN YOUR WILL
A gift made through your will — a bequest — can help shape
the future of an organization, and it’s free of federal state tax. Many times,
people find that a gift they thought they wouldn’t be able to donate outright
becomes possible after all through a will.
TYPES OF BEQUESTS
- A specific bequest transferring specific property.
If the specific property has been disposed of before death, no claim can be made
to any other property.
- A general bequest transferring a stated sum of money. If there’s insufficient cash in the estate, other assets must be sold to meet the amount.
- A contingent bequest requiring a certain event to
occur before distribution. Your could bequeath funds to an individual provided
he or she survives you; if not, the funds go the named charitable organization.
- A residuary bequest transferring the “rest,
residue, and remainder” of the estate, or a percentage of the residue,
after all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid.
- An unrestricted bequest allowing us to determine the
wisest and most pressing need of the funds at the time of receipt.
- A restricted bequest allowing you to specify how the
funds are to be used. If you have a special purpose or project in mind, it’s
best to consult us when you make your will to be certain your intent can be
- An endowed bequest allowing you to restrict the
principal of your gift so only the investment income that the funds generate can
be used. Creating and endowment in this manner means that your gift can continue
- An honorary or memorial bequest given “in honor
of” or “in memory of” someone. WE are pleased to honor your
request and have many ways to grant appropriate recognition.
LET US KNOW
We hope that you’ll tell us when you have named the
Scottish Rite Foundation of Florida, USA, Inc in your will. We would very much
like the opportunity to thank you for your generosity.
If you prefer to remain anonymous, your gift will be kept
completely confidential. But at the same time, recognition of your gift can
encourage others to give. Whatever the case, we will honor your wishes, because
we appreciate your support immensely.