HOW AND WHEN WE MAY COLLECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM YOU
- Contact information, such as your name, your email address, your postal address, your phone number, fax number, and mobile phone number.
- Payment information that you provide to us or our third-party processor to purchase a good or service from us or an affiliate.
- Username, password, and password reminder questions and answers.
- Your age and date of birth.
- Other demographic information, such as gender, employment information, and ZIP code.
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests, your profile photo, personal updates and descriptive information that you provide, and the address of your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, Twitter, Pinterest or your website.
- Communications preferences, such as which emails and newsletters you would like to receive.
- Your search queries.
- Your picture or image if you provide it to us or a photo or image of you from Tampa Scottish Rite’s or its affiliates’ events you attend.
- Correspondence you send to us.
- Information collected about you offline (including via fax, mail and in-person).
- Other information that may help us to provide customized content or advertising.
In addition, when you become a member of the Scottish Rite fraternity or you make a donation or give a gift to a Tampa Scottish Rite affiliated charity, we collect other information about you and your family, including your name and name preferences, contact information, dates on which you received Masonic degrees, locations where you received your degrees, marital status, spouse’s name, children’s names, communication preferences, telephone numbers, email addresses and dates of birth. We also may collect information about your participation in any Scottish Rite sponsored activities, including member services and discounts obtained by using your membership card.
AGGREGATION OF PI INFORMATION
We may aggregate PI Information. Aggregated PI Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Tampa Scottish Rite website (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to determine the percentage of our users who have a particular zip code or how many users are above a certain age). We also may add to the PI Information we collect from you information that we gather from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, private search companies, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends, who are in your Valley or Orient, or with whom you are otherwise connected on social media platforms. We may use and disclose this other information for any purpose, except where applicable law states otherwise. If applicable law requires that we must treat this other information as PI Information, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose PI Information. If we combine this other information with PI Information, then we will treat the combined information as PI Information.
THE COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We and our service providers also use a variety of techniques to obtain non-personally identifiable information (“NPI Information”) about your use of the Tampa Scottish Rite website. “NPI Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not relate directly to an individual. The NPI Information we collect may include:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is automatically done by many websites, applications, and other services.
- Computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and internet browser type and version.
- Your mobile device type and unique identifiers when using a mobile device, including mobile device identification numbers and other standard server log information.
- When you download and use our mobile applications (an “App”), we may track and collect App usage dates, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- The physical location of your mobile device by using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals in accordance with applicable law and industry best practices. We may use your mobile device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- Your location when you visit the Tampa Scottish Rite website and the content you visited on the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
- The times that you visit the Tampa Scottish Rite website and the duration of your visit to the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
- Web pages and advertisements you view and any links you click on within the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
- Information collected through cookies, Web beacons, and other technologies. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Tampa Scottish Rite website to help us recognize you when you return to the Tampa Scottish Rite website. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image on a Web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computers such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
WE ALSO MAY:
- Use a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Tampa Scottish Rite website and your experience on the Tampa Scottish Rite website. The Tampa Scottish Rite website may use a web analytics service that counts mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text you type in the Tampa Scottish Rite website. The Tampa Scottish Rite website do not use these services to collect any PI Information not otherwise provided by you in using the Tampa Scottish Rite website and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use, share or disclose your PI Information:
- To calculate usage levels, to diagnose server problems and to administer the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
- To deliver the information, programs, products or services you have requested from us and to send you information about Tampa Scottish Rite or our affiliated Valleys and our and their charities.
- To send you information about membership benefits from third party vendors.
- To personalize your interaction with Tampa Scottish Rite, such as to send you targeted content and communications, to send you requests to participate in events in your area, and to customize email content based on your interests.
- To communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, fax, and/or mobile devices about information, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or from our service providers or affiliates.
- To announce honors, to advise you of fraternal matters, and to tell you about other items of membership interest.
- To reply to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations, to renew your membership, to give you information on upcoming events or to provide membership services.
- To send administrative information to you.
- To allow you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions and so we can administer these activities.
- To help social sharing through social media, such as through the Freemason Network or SR Chirp, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- For internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing or modifying the Tampa Scottish Rite website, identifying usage trends, assessing the success of marketing campaigns, and expanding our activities.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of Tampa Scottish Rite benefits and offerings.
- To aggregate data. We may share aggregate statistics and other Non-PI Information with the media, government agencies, advertisers and other third parties. These aggregate statistics will not allow anyone to identify your name or other PI Information.
YOUR PI INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH OR DISCLOSED TO:
- Our approved vendors which are companies we hire to provide certain services such as sending mailings, improving advertising services, providing member benefits and managing databases or other technology.
- Our corporate affiliates. We may share information including your PI Information with wholly or majority-owned affiliates and other affiliated organizations, such as our Valleys and Orients, and our charitable affiliates, The House of the Temple Historic Preservation Foundation, Inc., The Scottish Rite Foundation, S. J., USA, Inc., and the Scottish Rite Research Society, Inc., so they can provide you with information about services and programs that might interest you.
- Other people on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Any information that you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Tampa Scottish Rite website and to the general public, so be very careful when deciding to disclose your PI Information or other information on the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
YOUR PI INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH OR DISCLOSED FOR LEGAL PURPOSES AS FOLLOWS:
- Tampa Scottish Rite will disclose your PI Information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law including public and government authorities outside of your country of residence, and as necessary or appropriate in our determination under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence.
- We will disclose your PI Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, our website users or others including those of our affiliates, partners, vendors; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
- To fulfill contractual obligations, including the delivery of and sale of goods or services you purchase or request.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL COLLECTION OF YOUR PI INFORMATION
- Do not submit any PI Information to us when visiting the Tampa Scottish Rite website and do not participate in the Interactive Areas of the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
- Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before any cookies are stored; refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from us. Erase all our cookies from your hard drive. Note that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Tampa Scottish Rite website may be limited. In addition, if you choose not to share information, we will not be able to respond to your request for information from us or send you online emails.
- Do not provide your information when prompted by the Tampa Scottish Rite website.
TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM Tampa Scottish Rite:
- You may request to stop receiving communications from us by emailing [email protected] and ask to be placed on the do not mail registry. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, you may continue to receive material from service providers, and/or other parties to whom we provided your information before processing your request to opt-out of communications. You will need to directly contact those third parties in order to opt out of receiving such communications. You also may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of those third-party emails.
- Call the Tampa Scottish Rite office at 813-886-0578 and tell us you do not want to receive communications from Tampa Scottish Rite.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
If you would like to review and/or request changes to the PI Information that we have collected about you, please contact us by:
- Emailing us at [email protected]
- Writing us at Tampa Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 5500 Memorial Highway, Tampa, Florida 33634-7336 Attn: Website Director
DOES TAMPA SCOTTISH RITE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
The Tampa Scottish Rite website does not knowingly collect PI Information from anyone under the age of 13. The Tampa Scottish Rite website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected PI Information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you think we have collected PI information from a child under 13, please contact us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information about our disclosure of your PI Information to third parties for those parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send a letter to: General Secretary, Tampa Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 5500 Memorial Highway, Tampa, Florida 33634-7336
NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We use commercially reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect PI Information collected or stored by our organization. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you think that your transaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us at: Website Director, Tampa Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 5500 Memorial Highway, Tampa, Florida 33634-7336
VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Tampa Scottish Rite is headquartered in the United States and the Tampa Scottish Rite website are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than the United States. Please be aware that the information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country in which we engage service providers, and by using the Tampa Scottish Rite website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States. If you are a resident of the EU and EEA, please click here to read about the GDPR.
QUESTIONS OR ISSUES